evolving,carnival roadtrip...

Friday, July 14, 2006

job

I've waited to long to post ...

Last week my dear friend of Gasp! 20 years came for a visit. Craig and I met when were 16! A lifetime ago. I dragged him to West Elm in Marin to check on some bedding, had coffee and dessert in North Beach, and he showed me the classic photo spot were you have the golden gate bridge and city behind you. We had so much fun and laughed our butts off.

On Wednesday Brian left for Tokyo. It was a sudden departure. He should be home in a few weeks.

This week some more guests arrived. Carlos, who was one of my bridesmaids, is here for a month. He only stayed one night with me but- he'll be back.
On Monday I went to pick up Seneca and the boys. We have only been friends for 3 years but we are super close. Even in the chaos with the kids we are still finding time to talk and vent and support each other. We are planning a trip to the beach, riding the BART to the city, and some water play in this dreaded heat we are having. I feel like I'm back in Austin.

The biggest news is : I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!
After 7 years of being a stay-at-home-mom I'm going back out...
It's a beautiful fit for me, our family and my career. It's at a place called Massage Envy.
I get to pick my own schedule, how long my shift is, breaks in between massages, and what days I work. It's also across the street from Biscuit's work and down the road from my gym. Finally I see long stretches of the day devoted only to me and my life. I'm so looking forward to this. It's been hard to navigate the waters of moving across the country, fighting depression, saving my marriage, raising Hamster and standing up for myself.

WHAT'S FOR DINNER MELMA?

fish tacos

2 Comments:

Blogger julita said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

And I was thinking longingly of you and your massage abilities this weekend at my spa vacation: the girl who worked on me was sweet and funny, but it's nothing like being massaged by someone you love and trust completely!

That is so fantastic--way to go! Working girl/mom/wife/superwoman extraordinaire!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Awesome news! It sounds divinely perfect for you and the family. Congratulations.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home