evolving,carnival roadtrip...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It's the witching hour and I'm so very tired. I'm tired of the heat. I'm tired of housework. I'm tired of taking care of Hamster. I'm tired of the traffic noise. Ugh! Oogie! Ugh! Whenever I get this way I try to turn it around by thinking of all the things I'm grateful for.

1. Last night Carlos and I took BART ( I just love public transportation) to the Mission for dinner and Rita's, then we walked to a friends house. I love walking in the city. It doesn't seem as gritty anymore and as long as I don't see child abuse or needles hanging out of anyone's arm I'm fine.

2. Badger took Hamster overnight. Besides being a great title for a book.....
Sleepovers are magical at this age and Hamster comes home with all kinds of tales.

3. I went to the salon and had my hair done. Nevermind I could have fed a family of 6, I'm grateful to have this luxury.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

I'm rereading this post and thinking what a lame mom I am for saying --I'm tired of taking care of Hamster. It's just so exhausting to take care of someone else 24/7. But really it's the little things and it's not really the little things it's the relentlessness (is that even a word?)

For the 87th time do not park your scooter in the kitchen doorway.
Have you done the laundry chore?
Turn off the TV.
Brush your teeth.
Take your plate to the kitchen.
It's bath night.
Pick up your legos.
You spell salad S-A-L-A-D
I don't know if a sperm is the same size as a germ. (Followed by a further talk about "breeding", eggs, sperm, chickens, mommies, daddies, mommies and mommies, adoption, foster kids, breeding vs. adoption, how tigers do it and can I demo it----ending the discussion with what we started with and how it always starts-----I want to be a brother!)
Quit terrorizing the cat.
No we can't go to the park.





B gets home Friday.

Goodnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Tara - it's too bad you aren't ehre, we could've been single mums together. Jesse will get home from his five-week stay in Ohio tomorrow night. I told him I'm leaving when he gets home - maybe just to the neighbors, but defintely out of the house and away from children (mine) for a bit.

It sounds like you've had a great time - it's always the last few days (hours, minutes...) that are the hardest!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home