evolving,carnival roadtrip...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Some random thoughts because I feel the need to post. I received a wonderfully supportive email from my aunt in corn country and spoke to a few friends over the weekend that they really did read this. I feel so loved! Speaking of love, I went to the most wonderful wedding over the weekend. It was at Aslimor which is between Monterey and Carmel. Another beautiful CA destination just a few hours from here. Biscuit and Hamster were unable to attend so I got an indulgent night by myself. I had a really nice time seeing the love birds and catching up with my dear friend KK. Then Sunday morning I went down to the beach and spent an hour and half walking, sitting, and reflecting on my life. Being-- it does the body good.

Can I just tell you how much I love my kid? He is so dang cute right now. He has started reading, bedtime is no longer me reading scientific fact books about which clouds are which , but him stumbling along reading The Giving Tree. He also started using adult slang which sounds something like this:

"That was a really good book, I say" Where did he get that? I say???? funny
"Mom, does this shirt look cool?"
"Well.....that's not right, but you did your best mom" After I handed him a Transformer I couldn't transform

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend Melma. It's her special day!!! I'm so glad she was born.
1. She's a great listener
2. I used to show up at her house in pj's and hang out for hours.
3. She is no nonsense and tells you like it is.
4. She taught me not to sweat the small stuff
5. She's funny.
6. And beautiful-inside and out
7. Has 2 great kids.
8. Loves me and my quirkyness.
9. Like when I ask what's for dinner, where did she get the recipe , where did she shop, what plates is she using, does the whole family like it???? etc... etc... I actually ask everyone this in hopes of getting new ideas.

So in honor of her I going to start MELMA'S DINNER. I'll do a little ditty about what I had for dinner at the end of each blog. So now I ask you- What's for dinner?



Melma's Dinner:

Brushetta, my version: Tomatoes with the gross seeds and juice washed out, fresh basil, garlic-sometimes roasted but not tonight , salt and pepper. Mixed up and put on sliced baguette with a hunk of fresh mozzarella on top. Broil to bubbly hot.

Asparagus, from my neighbor: tonight I flash fried it then steamed it the last few moments. Not as healthy as steaming but oh so good.

Pink Lady apple slices

1% milk

3 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

hello!

I'm reading...promise. Love to!

Here's an asparagus "recipe," free of charged and unasked-for:

Take your asparagus, and trim - I just bend 'em until they break in two.

Throw them on a cookie sheet

Sprinkle on some salt, olive oil, and as much garlic as you like (I like 4-8 cloves, chopped)

Place under a broiler for 8-10 minutes.

YUM.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous badgermama said...

Oh hell, I forgot to post my chicken cutlet "recipe" for you! I'll do that!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Kristie Wells said...

I am so happy you had a chance for some 'T' time and Asilomar looks absolutely lovely. It is now on my 'must visit' list, so thanks for the link!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home